Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 71 - 65 Miles to Buchanan, VA

Monday, Aug. 4 - 65 miles to Buchanan, 4,156 total miles. Breakfast was oatmeal, cold cereal, juice, a jelly roll, and coffee. There was all that hype about today being the hottest day when it actually was my coldest morning since leaving the Rockies. I put on my fleece top for 2 hours as it was in the 50s. Today was gentle, rolling hills, very pleasant riding. It was beautiful. Saw a dozen wild turkeys, heard both a buck snorting and another deer crashing thru the woods. Lunched on a tuna salad sandwich, cookies, and pepsi. My afternoon snack was at a country store where I ate a fresh bowl of banana pudding, a banana, and chocolate milk. Got a room at the inn tonite and plan on eating at the restaurant down the hill.

5 more days on the road to Yorktown!

No comments: