Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 45, 53 miles Scott City to Ness City, KS

Day 45 - 53 miles to Ness City, 2,513 total miles. I think the word "City" used in the names of some communities may be incongruous with what is actually there. Food was atop my highlights list today. Breakfast saw three large pancakes and a scrambled egg and coffee. After 25 miles pedaling, I stopped at a small grocery store for fruit - a cantelope, 3 apples and 3 bananas, and orange juice. Now, after lunch in Ness City I'm down to a banana and an apple. I don't think they will last 'til dinner, though. I stopped again for cup cakes and a cold drink to go with a bagel (from Pueblo) and peanut butter (from one of my panniers) eaten in a gazebo at the the town (oops, "city") hall lawn area. The ride here was uneventful, and with darkening clouds, I'll likely call it a day here. Saw no other riders today.

No comments: