Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 52 - 69 Miles to Ash Grove, Missouri

Wednesday, July 16 - 69 miles to Ash Grove, Missouri leaving Kansas behind this morning after 24 minutes on my bike. Began the day with Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes where they were celebrating the feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. I got confused thinking it was a holy day or my son's birthday, both of which are one month from now. Breakfast was cold cereal, bagel, coffee, and orange juice. Saw a buffalo (domestic one) today and also yesterday. Getting back into the hills, short but steep rollers. Ate a hamburger and pepsi at Cooky's Cafe (known for its pies) in Golden City and topped off the meal with dutch apple pie ala mode, the best pie ever, I've never had a better pie! I checked in with the Ash Grove police (again, I'm not in trouble) for camping in the park and had my picture taken with the mayor in front of the city hall. I bought containers of blueberries and strawberries, strawberries and pineapple, mixed nuts, a banana, and a bagel and ate it all for dinner.

No comments: