Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 61 - 70.6 miles near Leitchfield

Friday, July 25 - 70.6 miles near Leitchfield, actually 12 miles away (Rte. 84 & 920). My friend Larry Long who grew up here knows my location. Breakfast wasn't very healthy, biscuits and breakfast pork chops. It was overcast and cooler than usual. Relaxing. Rode with a group of 8 bikers today. Nice! Had a huge lunch - roast beef smothered in gravy, mashed potatoes, and blackberry cobbler. I'm camping behind a Mom & Pop store. The owners greeted our group with flavored icicles. Then, Arnold and Lucy Lucas (the owners) provided dinner - hamburgers, corn on the cob, and cucumber salad. It was on the house! It was really appreciated and good, too. I get another visitor tomorrow, my wife! Kathy joins me Saturday afternoon in Bardstown (tomorrow's destination) for an overnight visit.

No comments: