Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 66 - 44 Miles to Hindman

Wednesday, July 30 - 44 miles to Hindman, 3,832 total miles. Breakfast was a special order of pancakes made for me. Normally the cafe heats up pre-made pancakes but I told them about my experience out West with pancakes so they rose to the occasion. Had pancakes, 4 slices of bacon, and coffee. The special pancakes rivaled the western pancakes! No wildlife today. Lunch was a peanut butter and cinnamon raisin bagel and candy. It was hot but not sweaty today. I have had an incredible craving for fresh fruit and gorge every chance. I had four plums in a row! Looks like I wrap up in about ten days. I'm spending tonight camping in Hindman, KY at the Historical Society B&B catering to cyclists. David met me at the top of the hill with a glass of fresh ice tea and an offer for a shower and use of his computer. Dinner was pork chops, cole slaw, green beans, and a banana split. Tomorrow should be my last day in KY. --Tom

No comments: