Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 63 - 45 Miles to Harrodsburg

Sunday, July 27 - 45 miles to Harrodsburg, 3,666 total miles. Had a Belgian waffle, cereal, banana, coffee, and orange juice for breakfast. Today was hot, the hills were rolling and moderate. Kathy found a great place to wait for me midway at Lincoln Homestead State Park. Besides the old buildings and a golf course, the park had flush toilets, a bench under a tree where she was reading when I startled her (she wasn't expecting me to arrive so fast), and no one other than golfers was around. I checked into the Economy Inn where we had a late lunch - a turkey and ham sandwich, potato chips, more fruit, and gatorade. Kathy and I drove around Harrodsburg to scope out dinner possibilities for me but nothing was open other than Wendy's and Huddle House. That's been my experience lately with restaurants closed down for lack of staff or due to the economy. Before leaving for home, Kathy made me a sandwich which I ate for dinner along with potato chips, 3 candy bars, and a moon pie. Not very substantial but the other choices didn't excite me. I miss my honey! I sent a few more things home as I wind down my journey. My tentative schedule for the last 2 weeks is:

Berea, KY - Mon. - 7/28
Buckhorn, KY - Tues. - 7/29
Hindman, KY - Wed. - 7/30
Elkhorn, KY - Thurs. - 7/31
Damascus, VA - Fri. - 8/1
Wytheville, VA - Sat. - 8/2
Christianburg, VA - Sun. - 8/3
Buchanan, VA - Mon. - 8/4
Vesuvius, VA - Tues. - 8/5
Charlottesville, VA- Wed. -8/6
Mineral, VA - Thurs. -8/7
Mechanicsville, VA - Fri. - 8/8
Yorktown, VA - Sat. - 8/9

No comments: