Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 56 - 93 Miles near Farmington

Sunday, July 20 - 93 miles near Farmington. The day started out with my 2nd flat tire since the journey began. Chris had driven ahead to park his car so he could bike towards me to join me for another day of cyling with his dad. The hills were the steepest ever since I began my trip. There were no switchbacks and the climb was straight up! It's hard to believe the these hills in Missouri would be more challenging than the climbs out West but they were. And no, I did not have to get off my bike and walk it up. Chris met 4 cyclists as he was heading towards me and the group, including one (Gary) who I met a few days ago, agreed that today's hills were the worst that they've experienced. I pulled into a state park for the night (hopefully things will quiet down after the locals leave) and after setting up my tent, will eat my favorite dinner, ramen noodles and packaged salmon. All in all, it was a pleasant weekend beginning with dinner with Gene on Friday nite and Chris's visit yesterday and today.

No comments: