Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 10 - 50 Miles to Sisters

Dawn beckoned with clear skies and a warm and sunny day. Not hardly. It was so cold last night, it rained, and rained, and rained. Did I mention that it rained? It was awful. It was in the 40's all day long. It was snowing earlier, and also sleet. Had oatmeal, coffee, and a pop tart for breakfast and broke camp in the rain. It rained a good part of the morning, no tail winds, and it was freezing. Today's 50 miles to Sisters via Santiam Pass were tough miles, wore me down. It was so lush before the pass which became barren lava fields once I made it through the pass. Trip mileage is 539 miles. Didn't see any wildlife. The mountain peaks are covered with snow, just beautiful. I booked a room at Sisters Motor Lodge, an historic, quaint motel. Ate a burger, salad, and had a free beer (using a coupon) at Bronco Billy's for dinner. My pad seems to be deflated but I can't find the leak. I also cut my finger on a bungee cord this morning. I am tired and worn out. I think that tomorrow may be a day of rest, doing laundry, shopping at the bike store, and visiting the library. Yeah, I know you want to see pictures. Just be patient!

No comments: