Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 11 - Rest Day in Sisters

Thursday, June 5, was my rest day - off the bike, that is. Did laundry, visited the library and downloaded a bunch of pictures to Kathy (finally!), and bought a new pair of biking shorts. The oldest pair, which had very little padding left in them, were thrown in the trash. It was an interesting day as I met 4 cyclists - 2 British guys (Andy and David) going from East to West, a German fellow (reminded me of a cartoon character), and Lucas Kirby, who I've been trying to find since I heard about him over a week ago. Lucas lives in the state of Washington and is biking in my direction, West to East. We shared tales of our separate journeys and adventures and plan to have dinner together plus he offered to let me stay in his room at the Best Western in Sisters. Saw wildlife today - llamas! It's back on the road tomorrow for me heading towards Redmond, Prineville, and Ochoco Summit.

No comments: