Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 22 - 55 Miles to Hamillton

Monday, June 16 - 55 miles, 1,241 total miles. Went to Mass at St. Francis this morning, then to Adventure Cycling Association store to buy 2 maps and a thermarest pad (my old pad's been leaking for several weeks). It was neat as there was free ice cream, drinks, & a bikers' lounge. While there, someone called out, "Mr. Perry, how are you?" It was Mark Thurman, who was in cub scouts with my sons years ago, & his friend Dillon Dickey from Farragut, TN, my hometown. I treated them (& a Brit friend Guy) to breakfast (as I told Mark's father I'd do if I ran into him). Small world, huh? Had short stack of pancakes & scrambled egg. Met the executive director of the magazine (Adv. Cycle). It's 88 out - not complaining bit! Biked a bit & bought a Subway to eat for lunch. Was on Rte. 93 today. Wildlife today: saw deer, talked to a dear (one guess!),hawks, kildeer, & kingfishers. Rode thru Stevensville & it has "yellowjackets" mascot just like in Stephensville, TX (where some family members live). Set up camp at Anglers Cove Campground sitting watching the Bitterroot River while drinking a Coors lite & munching on cashews. I'll be on Rte. 43 tomorrow.

No comments: