Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 6 - 45 Miles to Salem

323 total miles since starting! Made it to the big city of Salem on Saturday. Bought the part to fix my stove, a new cell phone (yeah!), a bright strobe light so I can be seen on the road and in scary tunnels, and groceries. Got a motel room in the afternoon, did laundry (it reeked!), and showered. It felt so good to be clean. Walked to Mass at St. Joseph which had 3 nationalities of priests - one from Viet Nam, Mexican, and African American. Also enjoyed a salmon dinner in a restaurant. Forgot to mention the other nite there was no place to eat at the Indian reservation and no way to heat up my water so I had Ramen noodles in cold water and a package of tuna. Hey, you do what you have to do to eat! I've taken loads of beautiful pictures but incompatible or slow computers, limited internet time, and my limited expertise (where's Chris to help his Dad?!) have not helped. Don't worry, I'll get some downloaded one of these days. My plan is to check out of the motel on Sunday morning and bike a short distance to a campground.

1 comment:

Sarah Jones said...

Tom, Just to know that you aren't alone. We're praying for you. I read your progress in the church bulletin and now on your blog. Way to go! God Bless You. Belows