Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 27 - 25 Miles to West Yellowstone

Today is a light day & the library here closes in 8 minutes. Tentative plans are to pass through Yellowstone tomorrow & meet wife, Kathy, on South side. She left home Friday & should make it on Monday afternoon. Mass tonight at Our Lady of the Pines. Been traveling the past couple of days with Peter Bryant (my age group)of Golden, CO enroute from Seattle to Denver. He is meeting his wife in Yellowstone this weekend. Weather has been fantastic. I saw 16 antelope yesterday & a half dozen mule deer. Also seeing an abundant variety of birds including loons today. It is so nice to be in sunshine and out of the rain for a while. Evenings are pretti chilly but days are into the 70s. That's it for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tom,
Super duper, saw the article about your trip across the US in the Farragut Enterprise. Keep up the good work. I'll say 3 Hail Mary for your safe and fun journey.

When you get back you will need to give a "slideshow." I know that Cindy and I would love to hear about your adventure.

We'll have you and Kathy over for a cookout and I'll even provide the beer. Just tell me what you like. What a "MAN"! Awesome.

Peace,
Ray Chan

Nan said...

Tom,

I don't know about anyone that would drink moose drool. I am totally impressed that you're already 1/3 of the way. What an adventure. Now you'll need to start planning the next adventure. Maybe mountain climbing, Mt. McKinley???

Hope the rest of your trip continues to go so well.

Nan