Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 24 - 64 Miles to Dillon

Wednesday, June 18 - 64 miles, 1,370 total miles. Breakfast was 3 pancakes which I couldn't finish. Crossed several significant passes, Big Hole Pass and Badger Pass. Had a pretty good tailwind. Saw 5 antelope (never seen one before) and deer. It felt like "home on the range." Saw sandhill cranes, western tanger, snipe-like birds, and yellow-headed blackbirds. Visited the library but couldn't post any pictures. Just like yesterday, traffic was light on this stretch. Checked into a KOA Cabin, a smart move as it's thundering. I'm sitting on the porch swing waiting for my laundry to finish. Ate a hamburger, fries, salad, and a beer at Papa T's. It looks like I'm going to beat Kathy to West Yellowstone as she's not leaving home until Friday. She's busy packing up everything and tending to Shirley (our old dog.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tom

I was quite surprised AND impressed to read the article about your trip in the Farragut Press tonight. I thought that you had retired, was hiking Cades Coves everyday and enjoying the good life. It appears that you are enjoying the good life but on a much grander scale. Congratulations on your commitment and good luck on the rest of the trip. I will pass this blog site to the boys in the EC office at BJC for their reading and tracking you across country.

Best of Luck

Mike West