Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 20 - 66 Miles to Powell Junction

Saturday, June 14 - 66 miles, 1,130 total. Cycled by the Lachsa River 66 miles ascending to Lolo Pass. Saw a bald eagle at Kooskia & a motorist told me about a moose up ahead. Never did see the moose but saw evidence of moose along the way if you get my drift. I see deer everyday now. Met a guy touring on a motorcycle who introduced himself as Eli Whitner (?) from Knoxville, TN, while I said, "I'm Tom Perry from Knoxville, TN"! We took pictures of each other and exchanged email addresses. Set up camp at the Powell Junction ranger station at the forest campground along the Lachsa River. Decided that I deserved a good meal so I ate at the Lachsa Lodge. Enjoyed my salmon dinner, baked potato, salad, bread, and a moose "drool" beer (a good dark beer). Went to bed at 7:30.

No comments: