Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 8 - 55 Miles to Coburg

Today is Monday. Made it to my campsite in Coburg (pop. 969) near I.5 after biking 16 miles in Eugene ("big city") traffic not at all like Corvallis which was a very biker friendly city with numerous bikes on the road. Total miles biked are 429. Went to 8 a.m. Mass at St. Mary's and had a McGriddle egg and sausage breakfast before departing. Bought a big tube (should last the whole trip) of chamois butt'r, an ointment to prevent chafing, a biker's worst nightmare if uncontrolled. Had sunshine in the morning, clouds and a light sprinkle in the afternoon. It's a beautiful, fertile area with agriculture, wheat, and strawberries. Not much wildlife today, just some ducks and dead raccoons. Snacked on an "out of the world" mocha milkshake. Boy was it good! Dinner was boring, just a package of chicken and good ole ramen noodles and a chocolate chip cookie bought at the milkshake stand. Tomorrow I plan to take Rte. 126 on the way to McKenzie Bridge. Time to do my laundry so I can get to bed early!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Dad, you're already one tenth of the way there! I can't wait to see photos =)